Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌɪndɪˈfætɪɡəbl/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌɪndəˈfætəɡəbəl/
- (sometimes proscribed) IPA(key): /ˌɪndɪfəˈtiɡəbəl/
Audio (Northern California, US) (file)
- Extremely persistent and untiring.
- 1749, Henry Fielding, The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling. In Six Volumes, volume XVIII, London: Printed by A[ndrew] Millar, […], OCLC 928184292, book 4:
- […] but he was at the same time an excellent scholar, and most indefatigable in teaching the two lads.
- 1898, H. G. Wells, The War of the Worlds, Book 1, ch. 8:
- All night long the Martians were hammering and stirring, sleepless, indefatigable, at work upon the machines they were making ready, and ever and again a puff of greenish-white smoke whirled up to the starlit sky.
- defatigable (much less common)
extremely persistent and untiring