Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (dated, computing) The Internet and all other computer networks in the 1990s.
- 1994 May, Gary Turbak, “The Phone Phenomenon”, in The Rotarian, volume 164, number 5, page 32:
- Developed nations also are moving at high speed toward the information superhighway being spearheaded by telephone technology. Britain, France, Germany, and other European nations are experimenting with high-tech phonery.
- 2011, Bryce Clayton Newell, “Rethinking Reasonable Expectations of Privacy in Online Social Networks”, in Richmond Journal of Law and Technology, volume 17, number 4, page 2:
- Internet technologies and various software platforms make it much easier to communicate and find information about others' online communication. a For many – especially the younger generation – the “sacred precincts” of private life have extended onto the information superhighway.
The Internet and all other computer networks in the 1990s