Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
information + -ism. This word and informationist (one who practices informationism) are first known to have arisen in the work of a group of Scottish poets in the 1994 book Contraflow on the SuperHighway.
- A significant ideology that information has power when disseminated.
- The use of information as a weapon.
- The act of countering government propaganda.
- The act of undermining advertising.
- 2006. Kozzmo(blog). Informationism.
- At present, informationism is considered a form of web-based terrorism, using blogs as a platform to initiate propagandist attacks. This definition, however is that generated by the post-modernist.
- 2004. Habits of the High-Tech Heart, by Quentin Schultze: (ethicsdaily.com/article Book review by Ethics Daily)
- Informationism: “a non-discerning, vacuous faith in … information.”
- 2000. Heroux, Erick. The Ideology of Information & The Tactics of Literature. (Dissertation Abstract, Nov. 1 2000)
- Informationism is identified as a significant emerging ideology.
- ^ Price 1993
- The informationists (Overview Contraflow on the SuperHighway), by Richard Price. 1993.
- Informationism, In Wikablog.
- blog The Informationist
- website informationism.org