Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Inositol
inositol (plural inositols)
- (biochemistry) any of several isomeric cyclic polyhydric alcohols, C6H12O6, found in both plant and animal tissue.
- Once treated as a component of the vitamin B complex, but is not a vitamin as it can be synthesized by the body.
- myo-inositol (inositol monophosphate).
- inositol triphosphate
- inositol pentakisphosphate
- inositol hexaphosphate
- inositol triphosphate receptor
inositol m (plural inositoles)
- (organic chemistry) inositol