Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (slang) Of poor quality.
- It's barely holding together, it's so janky.
- (slang) Strange, odd.
- 2014 August 7, Smokin', Drinkin', and Chillin' (Black Jesus), episode 1, spoken by Maggie (Kali Hawk):
- We're gonna do some janky shit. When you're doin' janky shit, you wear a mask.
- OED 2004
- Dalzell and Victor, The Concise New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English, →ISBN, p. 1252; earliest usage 1999.
- A Way with Words
- (computing, colloquial) Unresponsive (of a software application’s user interface), sluggish.
- 2016, Adam Stroud, Android Database Best Practices, Addison-Wesley Professional, →ISBN:
- While the asynchronous HTTP call is running on a background thread (preventing a janky UI, or ANRs), the user can navigate away from the activity after the request has been sent but before the response has been received by the device.