Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (dated, uncommon) Rule or government by the worst of the people.
- 1845, “Topics of the Day,”, in The Spectator, volume 18, page 205:
- [T]he degrading sentiments of the mere rabble are unblushingly avowed in their Legislature. The constitution of the United States seems on the eve of changing from a democracy—for demos elevates the whole people—to a kakocracy.
- 1890, Rev. J. C. Fernald, “Perils of the City,”, in Statesman, volume 7, page 241:
- In other words, we have developed a kakocracy, or government by the worst.