keep up with
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To manage to remain beside or just behind someone or something that is moving away from one.
1993, Neil Penswick, The pit, London: Virgin Books, pages 113-257:
- Blake needed to run to keep up with the indignant Doctor.
- (figuratively) To manage to remain up to date with trends, fashions, etc
1992, Hair Flair, London: Shaws Publications Ltd, pages 4-58:
- Keeping up with the latest hair trends as ever, Wella has just introduced Hair Sets in three variants.
- To manage to follow an argument, a discussion, etc.
manage to remain beside or just behind
manage to remain up to date
manage to follow an argument, a discussion, etc