Jump to navigation Jump to search
Back-formation from kinematics.
- (UK) IPA(key): /kɪn.ɪˈmæt.ɪk/, /kaɪ.nɪˈmæt.ɪk/
- (US) IPA(key): /kɪn.əˈmæt.ɪk/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- Rhymes: -ætɪk
kinematic (not comparable)
- (physics) Of or relating to motion or to kinematics.
- 2003, Frank Kirchner, Takamasa Koshizen, & Dirk Spinneberg, “Cognitive Human Robots Based on Complex Kinematic Features”, in Knowledge-based Intelligent Information and Engineering Systems: 7th International Conference Proceedings Part II, page 584:
- The Cognitive function in Humans results from our extremely complex kinematic capabilities. Grasping for objects, bending down and up, or sitting down on objects are examples of kinematic capabilities […]
- (of motion): motoric
of or relating to motion or to kinematics