Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) to hold out (to extend forward)
- Kitartotta a kezét az esőbe. ― He held out his hand in the rain.
- (transitive) to keep (to supply with necessities and financially support a person)
- (transitive) to be persistent, to hold out, to hold on, to endure
- (transitive) to stand by (to remain loyal or faithful)
- Kitartottak a hazugságuk mellett. ― They were sticking to their lie.
- (transitive) to last, to persist (to continue over time)
- Nem fog kitartani az élelmünk. ― The food will not last.
conjugation of kitart