Jump to navigation Jump to search
Back-formation from kuzino, less the feminine suffix -ino.
kuzo (accusative singular kuzon, plural kuzoj, accusative plural kuzojn)
- male cousin
Unlike English, the Esperanto terms for "cousin" are gendered. kuzo means a male cousin and kuzino means a female cousin.
To avoid misunderstandings when referring to a cousin irrespective of gender, some use the prefix ge- and say gekuzo.
From Esperanto kuzo, from English/French cousin, from Latin consobrinus (com- + sobrinus).
kuzo (plural kuzi)
- (male or female) cousin
- Esperanto back-formations
- Esperanto terms with IPA pronunciation
- Esperanto terms with audio links
- Esperanto lemmas
- Esperanto nouns
- Esperanto male roots
- eo:Male family members
- Ido terms derived from Esperanto
- Ido terms derived from English
- Ido terms derived from French
- Ido terms derived from Latin
- Ido lemmas
- Ido nouns
- io:Family members