- To tear, rip or wound.
- To thoroughly defeat; to thrash
- 2012 September 15, Amy Lawrence, “Arsenal's Gervinho enjoys the joy of six against lowly Southampton”, in the Guardian:
- When the fixtures tumbled out of the computer for the start of a newly promoted season, Nigel Adkins must have wondered whether he had unknowingly broken any mirrors while walking under a ladder. Hot on the heels of a tough introduction to both Manchester clubs, a rampant Arsenal lacerated Southampton.
To tear, rip or wound
lacerate (not comparable)
- (botany) Jagged, as if torn or lacerated.
- The bract at the base is dry and papery, often lacerate near its apex.