Jump to navigation Jump to search
launcher (plural launchers)
- One who or that which launches. A device that throws something or the person who initiates a launch.
- The catapult made a good launcher for the small projectile.
- They shot down the helicopter with a rocket launcher.
- 2015, H. Clark Barrett, The Shape of Thought: How Mental Adaptations Evolve (page 110)
- This actually occurs in perception of non-colliding Michotte displays: Even though there is a gap between the launcher stopping and the launchee starting, the launchee's motion appears to have been caused, at a distance, by the approach of the launcher […]
- (computing) An application that launches another or others, often holding icons or menus for frequently used programs.
a device that throws something
computing: an application that launches another or others