Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
lection (plural lections)
- (obsolete) The act of reading.
- (ecclesiastical) A reading of a religious text; a lesson to be read in church etc.
- 1885, This man [...] came to dwell in our city, and here founded this holy house, and he hath edified us by his litanies and his lections of the Koran — Sir Richard Burton, The Book of the Thousand Nights and One Night, Night 13
- (a religious reading): lesson
lection (plural lectiones)
- English: lection (borrowed)