Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of a person, following the letter of the law.
- He's very legalistic, so let's hope the law is just and merciful as well as strict.
- Of a person, tending to resort to the law, as one who sues frequently.
- His legalistic tendencies irritated his neighbors, especially since they had to defend themselves against his frivolous suits.
- Practicing or characterized by legalism.
- She was legalistic in her observation of religious rules and traditions.
- legalistic at OneLook Dictionary Search