Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈlɛd͡ʒ.ɪ.slə.tɪv/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈlɛd͡ʒ.ɪˌsleɪ.tɪv/, [ˈlɛd͡ʒ.ɪˌsleɪ.ɾɪv]
Audio (US) (file)
- (General Australian) IPA(key): /ˈled͡ʒ.ɪ.slə.tɪv/, [ˈled͡ʒ.ɪ.slə.ɾɪv]
- (Philippine, nonstandard) IPA(key): /lɛˈd͡ʒɪ.slə.tɪv/
- Making, or having the power to make, a law or laws; lawmaking
- a legislative act
- Although enormously influential in shaping the laws of the land, The House of Lords are not actually a legislative body.
- The legislative framework provides much opportunity for correction and amendment of poorly thought out bills.
having the power to make laws
legislative (plural legislatives)
- That branch of government which is responsible for making, or having the power to make, a law or laws.
- Synonym: legislature
branch of government — see legislative branch