Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- libellous (UK)
- (US) defamatory, libeling, referring to something that causes harm to someone's reputation especially with malice or disregard.
- The accusation was libelous, full of falsehoods, spite and malice.
- (US) meeting the legal standards for libel.
- The court found the statement was not libelous because it was true.
- See also Wikisaurus:defamatory
meeting the legal standards for libel
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.