Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈlʌɪnəʊkʌt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈlaɪnoʊˌkət/
- Hyphenation: li‧no‧cut
linocut (plural linocuts)
- (art, printing) A type of woodcut in which a block of linoleum is used for the relief surface; the design cut into the block.
- Hypernym: relief printing
- 2009 June 14, Ann Hodgman, “A kid’s best friends: goldfish”, in The New York Times:
- Still, this book's offbeat settings and strong, simple illustrations, in acrylic paint with pencil and rough-hewn linocut outlines, should help preschoolers — and parents — realize that when you bring some creativity to pet ownership, even a fish can be fun.
woodcut in which a block of linoleum is used