Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 French
- 3 Polish
- 4 Romanian
- The removal of stress or discomfort.
- I sighed with relief when I found out that my daughter hadn't got lost, but was waiting for me at home.
- The feeling associated with the removal of stress or discomfort.
- The person who takes over a shift for another.
- Officer Schmidt can finally go home because his relief has arrived.
- Aid or assistance offered in time of need.
- (law) Court-ordered compensation, aid, or protection, a redress.
- A lowering of a tax through special provisions; short for tax relief.
- (removal of stress and discomfort): ease, alleviation, liss, respite
- (feeling of removal of stress and discomfort): ease, alleviation, liss
- (person who takes over a shift): stand-in, substitute, backup, fill-in
removal of stress or discomfort
feeling associated with removal of stress or discomfort
person who takes over a shift
humanitarian aid or assistance
aid or assistance offered in time of need
law: court-ordered compensation, aid, or protection, redress
reduction in tax
relief (plural reliefs)
- A type of sculpture or other artwork in which shapes or figures protrude from a flat background.
- The apparent difference in elevation in the surface of a painting or drawing made noticeable by a variation in light or color.
- The difference of elevations on a surface.
- the relief on that part of the Earth's surface
type of artwork
apparent difference in elevation
difference of elevations on a surface
relief m (plural reliefs)
- projection, relief
- (geography, mineralogy) relief, surface elevation
- (figuratively) contrast, definition, offset (against something else)
- “relief” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
relief m inan
declension of relief
- relief (difference of elevations on the Earth's surface)