Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (North America) licorice
- IPA(key): /ˈlɪkəɹɪʃ/
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈlɪ.kə.ɹɪʃ/, /ˈlɪ.kɔː.ɹɪʃ/, /ˈlɪ.kɔː.ɹɪs/
- Homophones: liquorish, lickerish
- (countable) A leguminous plant, Glycyrrhiza glabra, from which a sweet black liquor is extracted and used as a confection or candy and in medicine.
- (uncountable) A type of confection made from liquorice extract.
- (confection): sugarallie (Scottish, informal)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked