Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (archaic) past participle of
- 1638, “The Martyr'd Souldier”, in Old English Plays, Vol. I:
- Eugenius discovered sitting loaden with many Irons, a Lampe burning by him; then enter Clowne with a piece of browne bread and a Carret roote.
- 1665, Samuel Pepys, Diary of Samuel Pepys, October 1665:
- He did discourse to us of the Dutch fleete being abroad, eighty-five of them still, and are now at the Texell, he believes, in expectation of our Eastland ships coming home with masts and hempe, and our loaden Hambrough ships going to Hambrough.