Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: longrange
- Capable of operating over a great distance.
- Long-range missiles can shoot down any planes before they can even be seen.
- Involving a great period of time.
- Long-range planning is not my specialty.
- travelling over a long distance
2011 April 11, McNulty, Phil, “Liverpool 3 - 0 Man City”, in BBC Sport:
- Carroll struck twice - the first a spectacular long-range strike - as Liverpool established a deserved three-goal lead by the interval and kept their own European ambitions alive with a vibrant display.