Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -aʊzi
- Remarkably bad; of poor quality, dirty, or underhanded; mean, contemptible.
- No offense, but his cooking is lousy.
- Infested with lice.
- (colloquial, usually with with) Filled or packed (with something, usually bad).
- The place was lousy with students.
- She's lousy with credit cards, goes shopping every day!
- 2016, Rick Riordan, The Hammer of Thor, page 6:
- [I talked to] Annabeth about the Greek gods who hung out in New York and made her life difficult. Apparently North America was lousy with ancient gods. We had a full-blown infestation.
- Considered an offensive insult prior to World War II, implying filthiness. Now considered a mild or rather dated term.
remarkably bad; of poor quality, dirty, or underhanded
Infested with lice