- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /laɪˈsɜːdʒɪk/, /lə-/
- (General American) IPA(key): /laɪˈsɝdʒik/, /lə-/
- Hyphenation: lys‧erg‧ic
- (not comparable, organic chemistry) Used in the designation of lysergic acid and lysergic acid diethylamide: produced by hydrolysis from ergot. [from 1930s]
- (comparable) Psychedelic, trippy.
- 2014 October 25, Marina O'Loughlin, “David Shrigley at Sketch, London W1 – restaurant review: ‘This might be the most absurd restaurant in the country. Is Jeff Koons cooking?’”, in The Guardian, London, archived from the original on 10 March 2017:
- On the evidence of this lysergic dish – blobs and pools of strident oddness, especially the mozzarella-topped gelée that tastes like the stuff left at the bottom of olive tins topped with organic foaming facewash – [David] Shrigley's better off sticking to the art.
Terms derived from lysergic
psychedelic — see psychedelic