Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Hà Nội) IPA(key): [maj˧˦ tïŋ˧˦]
- (Huế) IPA(key): [maj˨˩˦ tɨn˦˧˥]
- (Hồ Chí Minh City) IPA(key): [ma(ː)j˦˥ tɨn˦˥]
- This is an example of the inherent lack of a well-built technical vocabulary in Vietnamese. Colloquially, for the sake of differentiation, máy vi tính (or just vi tính) can be seldom used to refer to "computer". More technically, máy vi tính only refers to "microcomputer".
- máy tính bỏ túi (“pocket calculator”) is a "fancy" term, chiefly used in the translations of the user's guides of some calculators, and documents published by the Ministry of Education and Training.