Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (slang, derogatory, music) Popular music that is overproduced, mainstream, corporately controlled, etc., as opposed to popular music that is independent or artistic.
- 2004, Ian Christe, Sound of the beast:
- […] a time when the hardcore scene badly needs to overthrow the mallcore bands, the naughty yet non-threatening pop punk groups who wear their tattoos like designer labels instead of inner scars.
- (informal, derogatory, music) nu metal.
- 2009, Munson the Destroyer, WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE TO HATE SLIPKNOT:
- Troves of angst-ridden, mall-invading teens adopted Slipknot as their patron-saint back in 1999 (when the band’s self-titled debut came out), instantly earning the band a “mallcore” seal of disapproval by their critics