Jump to navigation Jump to search
- sufficiently courageous
- 1854, James Fenimore Cooper, The Prairie: A Tale; in Three Volumes, page 245:
- Are you man enough to look death in the face; or shall I run the risk of the hounds raising an outcry, and go in myself?
- 1886, Peter Christen Asbjørnsen, H.L. Brækstad, transl., Folk and Fairy Tales, page 101:
- But the troll seldom came out in the open air, and the mountain was well closed, so the youngster was not man enough to get inside.
- 1993, “Strong Enough”, in Tuesday Night Music Club, performed by Sheryl Crow:
- When I'm broken down and I can't stand / Would you be man enough to be my man?