- Covered in, or characteristic of, manure.
- 2007 October 12, Robin Finn, “Jumping Toward Her Own Turn in the Spotlight”, in New York Times:
- “I was never competitive in the girly sense; I was a tomboy, on all the sports teams, and I started riding at 3 and kept on riding whatever pony my sister grew out of,” she says, trying to wrestle the muddy, possibly manurey football she found in her bed from the jaws of her bull terrier, Mabel.
- 2005, J. P. S. Brown, Ladino (page 144)
- The rainwater was accumulating in deep manurey puddles around the barn and stables.