Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To cultivate by manual labor; to till; hence, to develop by culture.
- to whom we gave the strand for to manure
- John Donne
- Manure thyself then; to thyself be improved; / And with vain, outward things be no more moved.
- To apply manure (as fertilizer or soil improver).
- The farmer manured his fallow field.
- The blood of English shall manure the ground.
to apply manure
- to fertilize
- Animal excrement, especially that of common domestic farm animals and when used as fertilizer. Generally speaking, from cows, horses, sheep, pigs and chickens.