- (literally) The faeces of a bull.
- (vulgar, slang) False or exaggerated statements made to impress and deceive the listener rather than inform; nonsense.
- Don't pay any attention to him. He talks a lot of bullshit.
- (vulgar, slang) A card game in which the object is to bluff about cards laid down and to determine when one's opponents are bluffing; also known as "BS", "Cheat" or "I Doubt It".
- Anyone want to play a few hands of bullshit?
- (vulgar, slang) An object of frustration and/or disgust, often caused by a perceived deception.
- That's total bullshit! I called your office and they said you never came in!
deceitful statements, etc
object of frustration
- goat shit
- See also Thesaurus:nonsense
- (vulgar, slang) Absurd, irrational, or nonsensical. Most often said of speech, information, or content.
- That's the most bullshit excuse I've ever heard.
- (transitive, intransitive, vulgar, slang) To tell lies, exaggerate; to mislead; to deceive.
- I think you're bullshitting. Let’s just call your office and see if you even came in.
- You’re bullshitting me. I called your office and you never even came in.
- He caught my attention with irrelevant asides that didn’t quite make sense, but sounded very erudite if you didn’t think about it too much. In other words, I noticed that he was bullshitting. http://www.languagehat.com/archives/002815.php
- (intransitive, vulgar, slang) To have casual conversation with no real point; to shoot the breeze
- I will probably just go and bullshit with Joe for awhile.
- (intransitive, vulgar, slang) To come up with on the spot, to improvise poorly.
- We just went on stage and bullshitted the whole concert because we didn't know any songs.
to tell lies, exaggerate
to have casual conversation with no real point
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
expression of disbelief