on the spot
Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: on-the-spot
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) At that very moment.
- (idiomatic) Having to answer or decide without warning or preparation.
- All the sudden questions put him on the spot and he had to think quickly.
- (idiomatic) In a particular place.
- Synonyms: in place, on location, on site, on the premises, in the room
- This report comes from our man on the spot in Gaza.
- We exercised by jumping up and down on the spot.
at the very moment
having to answer or decide without warning
in the right place at the moment