on the spot
See also: on-the-spot
- (idiomatic) At that very moment; right away.
- He liked the house, so he made an offer on the spot.
- (idiomatic) Having to answer or decide without warning or preparation.
- All the sudden questions put him on the spot and he had to think quickly.
- (idiomatic) In a particular place.
- This report comes from our man on the spot in Gaza.
- We exercised by jumping up and down on the spot.
- (at that very moment): (right) then and there
- (In a particular place): in place, on location, on site, on the premises, in the room
at the very moment
having to answer or decide without warning