Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
marching (plural marchings)
- An action described by the verb "to march".
- 1862, Various, Atlantic Monthly, Vol. 10, No. 61, November, 1862:
- A pianoforte is desirable, to lead the singing, and accompany the plays, gymnastics, frequent marchings, and dancing, when that is taught,--which it should be.
- 1917, War Department, Manual for Noncommissioned Officers and Privates of Infantry:
- All steps and marchings executed from a halt, except right step, begin with the left foot.