Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act by which something is masked.
- An entertainment at which the guests conceal their faces with masks.
- 1984, John Norman, Players of Gor:
- Such things, maskings, and disguisings, and dressing up, sometimes in incredible and wild fashions, are all part of the fun of carnival.
- The practice of wearing safety masks, such as face masks.
- 2020 November 20, Tom McCarthy, “Republican officials finally forced into action on Covid-19 as reality bites”, in The Guardian:
- For millions of American lives touched by the coronavirus, it was too late to correct the failure to stand up protocols for masking and social distancing, testing and contact-tracing. But negative consequences of the culture war around the pandemic could still lie ahead, damaging the national vaccination effort.