Jump to navigation Jump to search
micronutrient (plural micronutrients)
- A mineral, vitamin or other substance that is essential, even in very small quantities, for growth or metabolism.
- Synonyms: micromineral, trace element
- Antonym: macronutrient
- Hyponyms: mineral, vitamin, calcium, iron, iodine
- 2010, Anthony Marcelus, "Fix Your Fare", Reps! 17:75
- Broccoli, on the other hand, is loaded with healthy micronutrients and is perfect in any meal, so keep it on your plate.
essential mineral or vitamin