midtime (plural midtimes)
- The time that occurs in the middle; the point midway through an event, etc.
- 1997 October 17, J. L. Elliot et al., “Triton's Distorted Atmosphere”, in Science, volume 278, number 5337, DOI:10.1126/science.278.5337.436, pages 436-439:
- (i) The peak of the central flash occurs about 2 s later than the midtime between the half-light times, and (ii) the slope of the light curve is shallower before the peak of the central flash than afterward.
- 1850, Edgar Allan Poe, Edgar Allan Poe's Complete Poetical Works:
- Twas noontide of summer, And midtime of night, And stars, in their orbits, Shone pale, through the light Of the brighter, cold moon. '