Jump to navigation Jump to search
mirre f pl
- plural of
- Myrrh (the dried sap of a tree of the species Commiphora myrrha)
- a. 1382, John Wycliffe, “Matheu 2:11”, in Wycliffe's Bible:
- And thei entriden in to the hous, and founden the child with Marie, his modir; and thei felden doun, and worschipiden him. And whanne thei hadden openyd her tresouris, thei offryden to hym ȝiftis, gold, encense, and myrre
- And they went into the house, and found the child with Mary, his mother, and they kneeled down and worshiped him. And when they opened their treasures, they offered gifts to him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
- The myrrh tree (Commiphora myrrha; the tree which produces myrrh).