- I become soft; I soften.
- (figuratively) I become mild, gentle.
- (figuratively) I become effeminate, unmanly.
- This verb is defective, with only those forms based on the first principal part.
- mollesco in Charlton T. Lewis and Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- mollesco in Charlton T. Lewis (1891) An Elementary Latin Dictionary, New York: Harper & Brothers
- mollesco in Gaffiot, Félix (1934) Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français [Illustrated Latin-French Dictionary], Hachette