Jump to navigation Jump to search
monoplacophoran (plural monoplacophorans)
- (zoology) Any member of the superclass Monoplacophora, comprising molluscs with cap-like shells. [from 20th c.]
- 2016, Peter Godfrey-Smith, Other Minds, William Collins, published 2018, page 49:
- The crabbed limpet-like shellfish is a monoplacophoran.
- 2017, Danna Staaf, Squid Empire, ForeEdge, →ISBN, page 34:
- Unique among mollusks, monoplacophorans turned out to have multiple repeating sets of shell-attachment muscles, kidneys, and gills.