Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (art, printing) A print made by creating the design using oil paint or printer's ink on metal or glass, then transferring the image directly to paper.
- (art, printing, uncountable) The technique of making such prints.
- (biology) A monotypic taxon.
- A keyboard-operated typesetting and casting machine that makes and sets separate characters.
- (sailing) A sailboat designed to be crewed or raced by a single person.
- (computing theory) In the Hindley–Milner type system, a single specific data type.
- Coordinate term: polytype
a print of some design created on metal or glass
a technique of making a monotype
a sailboat for a single person
- (transitive) To produce a monotype of.
- to monotype an engraving
monotype f (invariable)