Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Mopsy
mopsy (plural mopsies)
- A moppet.
- (obsolete) A slatternly, untidy woman.
- 1583, P. Stubbes, The Puritan's Anatomie of Abuses:
- rich hande-kercheefes, in their handes, and sometymes laied acrosse over their shoulders and neckes, borrowed for the moste parte of their pretie Mopsies and loovyng Bessies for bussyng them in the darcke
- 1936, Anthony Bertram, Like the Phoenix
- However, terrible as it may seem to the tall maiden sisters of J.P.'s in Queen Anne houses with walled vegetable gardens, this courtesan, strumpet, harlot, whore, punk, fille de joie, street-walker, this trollop, this trull, this baggage, this hussy, this drab, skit, rig, quean, mopsy, demirep, demimondaine, this wanton, this fornicatress, this doxy, this concubine, this frail sister, this poor Queenie--did actually solicit me, did actually say 'coming home to-night, dearie' and my soul was not blasted enough to call a policeman.
mopsy m anim