From mosquito + bite.
mosquito bite (plural mosquito bites)
- The result of a mosquito bite; characteristically a visible bump of inflamed skin, together with a sensation of irritation (itchiness).
- (less commonly) The event of a mosquito bite.
- 2002, Jacqueline Stanley, Essentials of Immunology & Serology, Cengage Learning, ISBN 978-0-7668-1064-8, page 403:
- From there, the cycle may be initiated once again when the sporozoites are released into the blood stream during a mosquito bite.
- (chiefly in the plural, slang, potentially offensive) A small breast on a woman.
- 2008, Kate Willoughby, A Wolf at Her Door, Ellora’s Cave Publishing, ISBN 1419918079, page 46:
- Well, Adam didn’t seem to have a problem with the size of her breasts. Paige had found that if a guy was thrown by her mosquito bites, he’d do one of two things.
visible bump of inflamed skin
small woman's breast
- Russian: прыщик (ru) m (prýščik) (pejorative, "pimple")