mother + -to-be
mother-to-be (plural mothers-to-be)
- A pregnant woman, especially one expecting her first child.
- 2000, Allison England, Aromatherapy and Massage for Mother and Baby, Healing Arts Press (2000), →ISBN, page 52:
- The ideal position for a back massage for the mother-to-be is to sit astride a chair supported by cushions.
- A woman whose partner is pregnant.
- 2010, Amie Klempnauer Miller, She Looks Just Like You: A Memoir of (Nonbiological Lesbian) Motherhood, Beacon Press (2010), →ISBN, page 55:
- I don't know how other lesbian, nonbiological mothers-to-be, who tried to get pregnant and could not, might experience their partners' pregnancy.