Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Muppet
From Muppet, because these characters are noted for their silliness.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈmʌpɪt/, /ˈmʌpɛt/
- (General Australian) IPA(key): /ˈmʌpət/
Audio (AU) (file)
muppet (plural muppets)
- (Britain, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Eastern US, South Africa, slang, derogatory) An incompetent or foolish person.
- Sally is such a muppet, the way she always misses the train.
- Some muppet's parked a car at the bus stop.
incompetent or foolish person