Jump to navigation Jump to search
puppet (plural puppets)
- Any small model of a person or animal able to be moved by strings or rods, or in the form of a glove.
- (figuratively) A person, country, etc, controlled by another.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir Walter Scott to this entry?)
- (obsolete) A poppet; a small image in the human form; a doll.
- (engineering) The upright support for the bearing of the spindle in a lathe.
movable model of a person or animal
doll — see doll
person or country controlled by another
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.