Related to puppet.
poppet (plural poppets)
- (informal) An endearingly sweet or beautiful child.
- (informal) A young woman or girl.
- Come 'ere, poppet!
- The stem and valve head in a poppet valve.
- A doll made in witchcraft to represent a person, used in casting spells on that person.
- (nautical) One of certain upright timbers on the bilge ways, used to support a vessel in launching.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Totten to this entry?)
- (engineering) An upright support or guide fastened at the bottom only.
- Second-person plural subjunctive I of poppen.