Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Bilge
Likely derived from bulge.
- (nautical) The rounded portion of a ship's hull, forming a transition between the bottom and the sides.
- (nautical) The lowest inner part of a ship's hull, where water accumulates.
- (uncountable) The water accumulated in the bilge, the bilge water.
- (slang, uncountable) Stupid talk or writing; nonsense.
- The bulging part of a barrel or cask.
rounded portion of a ship's hull
lowest inner part of a ship's hull
- (nautical, intransitive) To spring a leak in the bilge.
- (intransitive) To bulge or swell.
- (nautical, transitive) To break open the bilge(s) of.