Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈwɪt͡ʃkɹæft/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈwɪt͡ʃkɹɑːft/
- The practice of witches; magic, sorcery or the use of supernatural powers to influence or predict events.
- Wiccans believe in a modernised form of witchcraft.
- 1886, Peter Christen Asbjørnsen, H.L. Brækstad, transl., Folk and Fairy Tales, page 84:
- "Such witchcraft has no power now to show itself, because the people don't believe in it any more."
- Something, such as an advanced technology, that seems almost magical.
- Synonym: wizardry
- 1987, Air Force Magazine (volume 70, page 88)
- There can be no denying that the more than 100 exhibiting companies and divisions also gave full play to examples of their latest technological witchcraft, as befits the foremost US aerospace event.
the practice of witches
- Alternative form of