Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- near-sighted; unable to see distant objects unaided
- Corrective lenses compensate for the excessive positive diopters of the myopic eye.
- A stronger prescription for myopic night drivers is often needed.
- shortsighted; improvident
- narrow minded
unable to see distant objects unaided
myopic (plural myopics)
- A short-sighted individual.
2008 March 23, Polly Morrice, “Descended From Salinger”, in New York Times:
- The offbeat little girls of “Playdate,” whose mothers stumble through parenthood, are not the first characters to feel like cultural descendants of Salinger’s children, those savants, myopics, guileless nose pickers and practicing belchers who seem to glow on the page, highlighting the shallowness of the adults.