Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Internet) To post, as on a forum, to revive a long inactive discussion thread.
- 2003 January 5, Louis M. Brown, Usenet, alt.tv.star-trek.enterprise 
- Much like your power of necroposting a thread long considered dead.
- 2005 February 23, Chris Hafner, Usenet, alt.sports.football.pro.sea-seahawks 
- After being away from Usenet for a few days (apologies for the necroposting), I had some time to think about this.
- 2005 June 6, Richard V. Lamb, Usenet, rec.arts.anime.misc 
- I'm a moderator at a realiiity TV forum and necroposting is tolerated there so long as it isn't a sore topic that the mods hoped people would ignore
- 2003 January 5, Louis M. Brown, Usenet, alt.tv.star-trek.enterprise