Jump to navigation Jump to search
- simple past tense and past participle of
nested (not comparable)
- Successively fitted one inside another.
- (lexicography) (Of a lexical item) contained within a dictionary entry as a subordinate term of the main headword.
- 2012, James Lambert, “Beyond Hobson-Jobson: A new lexicography for Indian English”, in World Englishes, page 297:
- The "Terms" number is the total number of words and lexical phrases, including sub-headwords and other nested lexical items, but exclusive of variants.
embedded — see embedded
successively fitted one inside another
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.