Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A small detail or distinction.
- We met the new captain while we were taking enemy fire and were unable to observe the niceties of formal introductions.
- John Locke
- the fineness and niceties of words
- Subtlety or precision of use.
- A rocket-propelled grenade doesn't have the nicety of a sniper round, but you must admit its effectiveness.
- Delicacy of character or feeling usually from excessive refinement; fastidiousness
- (obsolete) That which is delicate to the taste.